MY ELDORADO

MY ELDORADO
I set out, on a fine morning,
A dawn accentuated by chirping birds and loud crickets,
On a journey that could take me far and wide,
In a hopeful search, for you,
You my eldorado.

I only had an image of you,
Held dear in my memory,
with fading edges, like an ancient parchment,
A faint scent of you I had and followed,
Hopeful and eager to find you,
My dearest Eldorado.

I couldn't let nothing to distract me,
For I had worked all my life,
Preparing for this moment,
Just to meet you, you I held dear in my thoughts,
My Eldorado.

I traveled through plains, valleys, hills, deserts,
Searching for you, the finest among all Goldsmiths
My Eldorado, I passed fields,
and swamps searching,
But I couldn't find you.

The thought of you I held dear, next to my hearts throb,
Following the legends of old,
Guided by the want I felt for you,
Led by the scent that I had of you,
In zest and zeal, but I couldn't find you.

Through my earnest search for my perfect Eldorado,
I couldn't find, I turned back,
And retraced my way back,
Crestfallen and heart broken,
There wasn't a perfect one,
No one to compare to my Eldorado image.
Share on Google Plus

About Civil Engineering Analysis and design

Poetry is love.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment